FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Before you get your loan:
- What ID can I use? You can use any valid, government-issued photo ID no more than 5 years old, such as a British Columbia Driver’s Licence, British Columbia Identification, Canadian Passport*, Canadian Citizenship Card*, Firearms Acquisition Certificate* (with photo). *With current proof of address, such as a utility bill.
- How old do I have to be? You must be 19 years or older to make a loan.
- How much can I borrow? The amount of the loan depends on your collateral. See our Accepted Items page for more information on what determines the value of your item.
- How much is the interest? We charge 5% simple interest. There are no hidden fees or charges.
- How long is the loan good for? Loans are good for 3 months and are renewable.
After you get your loan:
- I’ve lost my ticket, what do I do? Please come in as soon as possible with your identification. If you have your pawn ticket number saved, you may call in and let us know that it has been lost. We ask that you still come in with your identification so that we can determine the best next step for you to take. Your items will be safe.
- What forms of payment are accepted? We accept cash, money order, debit or Interac e-Transfers.
- My loan is due but I can’t pay the full amount, what do I do? You may renew your loan by paying only the past interest due. Your loan will be valid for 3 more months, at which time you may renew it again or pay the total amount owing. (Loans are renewable at the management’s discretion).
- Can I pay more than just the interest? Yes! We encourage customers to put money towards the principal loan amount. We will then adjust the monthly interest based on your new loan amount. You will pay your loan off faster and save money.
- I can’t make it in by the due date, what do I do? Our pawn tickets are bearer’s receipts, therefore you may send a friend or family member with the ticket to pay on your behalf. You may also send an Interac e-Transfer to renew your loan. Click here for details.