Are you having a hard time making ends meet? You are not alone. A recent survey shows that “almost half of working Canadians are living paycheque to paycheque”. The results are startling:
- “48% of the 5,600 working Canadians surveyed by the Canadian Payroll Association say it would be hard to make ends meet if their cheque was delayed just a week.”
- “Almost one in four (24%) don’t think they could come up with $2,000 if an emergency arose in the next month.
- “40% of respondents spend all or more than their net pay, while 47% are able to save 5% or less of earnings.”
If you are one of many people living paycheque to paycheque, we are here to help. Your jewellery, electronics, musical instruments, and other items may be used as collateral for a loan at Royal City Jewellers. We charge 5% simple interest, there are no extra fees, and the loan process is quick, easy, and judgement-free.
Our tips for borrowing money:
- Only borrow what you can afford to pay back. Although we would make more interest on a larger loan, we would rather see you pick up your items.
- Pay as little interest as possible. Don’t get stuck with the high interest rates that come with payday loans, credit cards, and other pawn shops. We charge the lowest interest rate in Canada!
- Pay your loan off as quickly as you can afford. Putting even $5 or $10 towards your loan balance each month will reduce the amount of interest you pay, allowing you to pay off your loan faster.
Visit us today if you are struggling. We want to help!
Source: “Paycheque to Paycheque.” 24 Hours 13 Sept. 2016: 15. Print.