All Items must be clean and presentable with serial numbers intact and legible; electronic items, ie laptops, tablets, ipods, etc. must be charged to be looked at for loan. We reserve the right to refuse any item.
UPDATE: We now accept Smartphones!
Jewellery (based on gold weight, size, quality & quantity of stones, if any)
- Gold (in any form, including jewellery)
- Diamonds and gemstones
- Pearls (no fresh-water pearls)
- Wristwatches (recent preferred, no digitals please)
- Pocket watches
- Sterling silver in any form
- Collector Coins
Electronics (up to 3 years old, subject to condition) (must be charged to be looked at for loan)
- LED/OED/LCD/Plasma Televisions
- TV/BLU RAY Combos
- BLU RAY Player/Recorder
- Home amplifier/cd player/equalizer
- Bookshelf/blaster stereo
- House speakers /surround sound systems/subwoofers
- Car stereos (recent editions only)
- Car speakers (top names, call first for subwoofers)
- Ipods (w/car kit or adapter & headphones) newer models only ** see notice below**
- Mini-speaker systems (i.e. Bose)
- Video game systems (w/ 1 controller, 1 game, hookups, adapter) (Call first to see if acceptable)
- Home Computer/Laptop/Tablets (Call first to see if acceptable)
- Acoustic/electric guitars
- Guitar amps
- Amp heads
- Speaker cabinets
- PA head
Cameras & Accessories (Must be digital, age no more than 2 years, in excellent condition, call for accepted brands)
- Camcorders, Newer digital (w/battery, charger, adapter, RCA in/out cords, Brand names only)
- Digital Cameras (Minimum 14 MP with software and all accessories)
- Digital Lenses Only
- Tripods, Flash, Filter, Lightmeters
Appliances (up to 3 years old, subject to condition) (no shopvacs or shampooers)
- Microwave/convection ovens (new in box)
- Sewing machines and sergers
- Vacuums (Miele or Dyson)
- Pool cues (w/case, top names only)
- Fitness Equipment (Call First)
- Golf clubs (full sets w/bag)
- Long Boards
- Fishing rods/reels/tackle
- Hunting/buck knives
- Archery Equipment
- Snowboards (w/ boots & bindings)
- High End Mountain bikes (with original receipt)(call first)
- Non-restricted rifles (call first) (must have trigger lock and case)
- Electric hand tools
- Reciprocating Saws
- Screwguns & drills
- Socket/wrench sets
- Pneumatic/air tools
- Table saws
- Mitre saws
- Chainsaws (Stihl & Husquvarna preferred, call for other brands)
- Air compressors
- Pressure washers
- Drywall stilts (good condition only)
- Swarovski Crystal in original packaging (call first)
- Art – Limited edition or original /Autographed (call first)
- Collectibles (Call first)
- BLU RAY MOVIES (NO scratches)
- Video games (NO Scratches)
- Military Collectibles (Call First)
*** IF YOU HAVE AN ITEM NOT ON THIS LIST, CALL AHEAD ***
604-526-7296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*** WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ARTICLE ***
*** THIS LIST SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE ***
Important Notice regarding Loans on Apple Products
Due to the new security features in the latest Apple OS for their devices (IPad, IPod, MacBook, Etc.); customers will be required to login to their ICloud accounts in the presence of a Loans Officer to show that the Activation Lock is NOT enabled on their device.
It is highly recommended that you, the customer, perform a full backup of your device before submitting it for loan. Ideally, bringing your Apple device into RCJ after you have backed up your data, and returned the device to the “Hello” stage is the very best way to ensure we will be able to help you obtain a loan on your item.
Once you have submitted your Apple device for a collateral loan, a RCJ Loans Officer will be performing the following actions:
- Determine that the Activation Lock is off. We will be recording your serial number and entering it at icloud.com/activationlock/.
- Determine that the device has the “Find My IPhone” option turned off.
- Remove the device from the customers ICloud account. This will require logging into your ICloud account in the presence of the Loans Officer.
If you are unsure of the steps required to remove a device from your ICloud account our Loans Officers will be happy to assist, but please be aware this will require allowing them to login to your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, our valued customers, but any Apple device that is left behind and is attached to an ICloud account becomes unsellable as it cannot be reactivated by a new owner.
In light of this, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS made to this policy. It will be required of all Apple devices presented for loan, by any customer, new or returning.